Webboard for 5th Year EN Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

018 Myself Topic: Personal Information

Go down

018 Myself Topic: Personal Information  Empty 018 Myself Topic: Personal Information

ตั้งหัวข้อ by ajarn caroline alejo Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:18 pm

student no. 018
Unit: Myself
Topic: Personal Information

Lead in: I noticed that during the introduction of the story, it is somewhat lacking of creativity to bring out the interest of the students. I can see that the students were starting to get bored and disinterested already at the beginning. You can start with a little bit of icebreaker next time.
-watch out for – not using the article e.g. I’m reading book. Should be I’m reading a book.
- use of past tense – “go” instead of “went” as it indicates that an action is in the past relative to the speaker.
-“whatever you want”, instead…you can say, take your time but think of what you like to…
VOCABULARY:
- Take note of your pronunciation “H”
- Although am not a big fan of choral reading (reading in unison) in this activity it does requires to have the students read altogether since you want them to practice as a whole class, this actually was effective in helping other students who are ordinarily self-conscious or nervous about reading aloud can be a built-on support and also helps improve the ability to read some sight words.
- It is also good that you are checking the student’s comprehension in between the lectures.
STRUCTURE:
- Great modeling of the use of the appropriate language and encourages the students to participate. However, I wanted to see them practice and write more examples with their peers (pairs or by group) so that you are also letting them participate in learning actively without them knowing it.
- Passage: reading too many texts in unison!!! This would lead to boredom and disinterest from the students. Try to avoid giving them texts that are too long to read and focus on the text that would help them build their vocabulary in an extensive way. Focus on high frequency words, this will help you achieve in making your students learn the language effectively.
- There are some distinct behaviors that I noticed during your class. Some of your students are showing lack of motivation and they are getting bored with the subject, due to the fact that you gave them a lot of text to read at the same time. An overload of information would lead your students to not care about what you are trying to teach them.
- Pay attention to those who are not really keen about learning the subject matter, ask them and make them participate as you will.
- I did not see any learning outcome from the task given to the students. What did they learn about it?

TASK CYCLE:
- Preparation was achieved and you have demonstrated adequate ability to use creative and effective teaching methods to the students by letting the students work in groups. Definitely love the part where you have already prepared the chart, this is very organized. Great work on this one.
POST TASK:
- Again, too many texts to read in unison. Focus on sight words and make them read simultaneously.
- Avoid saying 1, 2 go..its like being on a race, I suggest you may say, ready and…
- The class ended well, however, you may need to give a little bit more of positive feedbacks especially for those groups who have presented in front of the class. This will motivate the other students to do better and help them build confidence during their presentation. Perhaps, you can have some positive re-enforcements such as assorted small prizes that could motivate them to become competitive as well since the task is also almost the same as the previous session.
B-

ajarn caroline alejo

จำนวนข้อความ : 4

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน