Webboard for 5th Year EN Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

009 Study Habits

Go down

009 Study Habits Empty 009 Study Habits

ตั้งหัวข้อ by ajarn caroline alejo Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Student No: 009
Unit: Myself
Topic: Personal Information Sub Topic: Study Habit

Pre-task:
Presentation:
During your introduction, I can tell that you are very well prepared and energized for the class and you have managed to achieve to get your student’s attention. Very creative in wearing the student’s uniform to make them feel comfortable with you at the same time having fun in the classroom.
Vocabulary:
I think you only used two? Or maybe it was being cut during your editing. Also try to improve your pronunciation of “raise” it sounded like “rez”. Also when asking students to read in unison or choral there are ways that is not advisable but in this case, it can provide less skilled readers the opportunity to practice and receive support before being required to read on their own. It provides a model for fluent reading as students listen and it helps improve the ability to read sight words.
Structure: Adverbs of Frequency
I noticed that you have the tendency to talk really fast and inaudible at the same time. I cannot really understand what you are saying, and maybe it was the audio from the camera is not clear enough because for some reason I can also see the students are actively participating and showing a lot of interest in class.
You used Cornell Note taking strategy – please pronounce it properly as “cor-nell” instead of “koh-nel”. Great introduction by asking the students to participate after you have explained the topic. However, I did not see you explaining why they need to use this strategy, and what is it about? Also, I was hoping to see the student’s work using the strategy and I did not see that at the end of the video.
What kind of student are you?
During audio play- you should pause first and repeat then explain it to the students properly, I can see that the students are looking at each other and trying to understand the audio file. Again, you talk so fast that it is incomprehensible to listen and I don’t know why the student’s would understand you, take note that they will follow what you have taught them (some of them are), so be aware of your pace when you talk and clear enough to follow through.

Task Cycle: Fit into it.
Guideline – is somewhat not clear, although the logical progression of the instructions is demonstrated in an average competency. I can barely understand and hear your voice, because you tend to mumble or eat your words when you speak or give instruction. Words that were typed on the screen, structure wise are missing some minor details. Instead of saying: sent – to send..one student and just say “run as fast as you can” not RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can. You are most likely talking to lower level students at this point. The instructions for the game has a lot of tasks to follow, make it more simple next time.

Post task:
Very creative in this manner, I like the fact that you have chosen this activity because it motivates the students to actively participate and at the same time you made them show their confidence in speaking in front of the class. I can also see that most of the students are really enjoying the “rapping” activity and it is building a lot of ways for them to communicate through learning a new vocabulary from your class. Good end to the lesson and if you can give lots of praises of class and the children with much clearer understanding of what you are requiring them to do. Perhaps give them a high five at the end of their presentation will boost their attention as well.
B++

ajarn caroline alejo

จำนวนข้อความ : 4

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน

Permissions in this forum:
คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ