Webboard for 5th Year EN Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jitsopin 003 5EN Places for vacation

Go down

Jitsopin 003 5EN Places for vacation Empty Jitsopin 003 5EN Places for vacation

ตั้งหัวข้อ by blue-m Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Places for vacation Jitsopin 003 5EN

Overall, I generally don’t like to see grammar lessons piggybacked with vocabulary lessons, however, you made this work out fairly well but not problem free.
This is very minor, but a better title would have been “Activities to do on vacation” as this seemed more of what the focus was. You could do a “places” lesson with introducing the names of countries as your vocabulary.

Pre-Task
The video started after the lesson began so I’m not sure how the lesson started.
Before the lesson started I hope you gave the objective to the class so they knew what they were expected to learn. Before the video of the story started you should have given the video a little bit of a purpose for them to watch the video. There was also a great missed opportunity here. When giving students their objective for the lesson it’s important to connect to prior knowledge. A few changes in your video and this would have been accomplished very well.

Vocabulary
I only saw that you had two or three words for vocabulary (maybe there was more). None of these particular words seemed connected to your grammar structure or the activities at the end of the lesson though which would have made the lesson much better. This age group could have easily handled 10 – 15 vocabulary words. Thai students need to be exposed to more vocabulary if they are going to become fluent speakers of English. When presenting vocabulary, they should be writing the words into a notebook. Purely auditory and visual learners are a minority and this type of lesson then becomes wasted on over half the class. Students need the opportunity to write things down and learn note taking, so they can go back and study what you want them to learn.
When you have text on the board especially with this age there should be no unison reading. Call on individual students to read. This enables you to determine if any of your students are having problems and then you can give immediate feedback.
When teaching vocabulary, you should learn the pronunciations. The artificial pronunciations are really awful in my opinion and are more geared to people learning on their own without a teacher. Knowing the correct pronunciations will convey an air of confidence to your students that you know what you are teaching. You in turn can pass that confidence on to your students. (don’t encourage kids to be shy about talking to foreigners)

Text 2 – Structure
Overall, you did well with this part of the lesson. (Did you introduce it properly?)
As mentioned above, where are the notebooks for students to take notes? Students need to write things down to aid in the transfer to long term memory. It was good to see you choose individual students to read the text on the board. Your explanation of future tense was very good.

blue-m

จำนวนข้อความ : 35

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Jitsopin 003 5EN Places for vacation Empty Re: Jitsopin 003 5EN Places for vacation

ตั้งหัวข้อ by blue-m Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:00 pm

It might benefit a few students to show on a timeline when you use future tense. Keep that in mind when you have lessons on verb tenses. Good to see you walking around the room a little. You need to do more of that and cover the entire room where students are sitting. Give the students some opportunity to synthesize their own sentences on paper and share with the class.
The country Italy is pronounced It-a-ly not EYE-tally.
Text 3 – Passage (Global Tour)
I thought this went well. I would have chosen one student to read each passage first and then ask the students what each countries’ activities were.
Task Cycle – Stick It
The structure of the activity was very good. The directions you gave were thought out well. You gave a time limit for the students to get into groups and getting into groups seemed to go well. I’m not sure what the point of running across the room was to retrieve the papers they needed but the cooperative learning strategy of having the students put the papers in the correct place on the sheets was very good.
Post Task – Local Guides
Wow! Thai students need much more of this type of activity. Synthesizing information and connecting what you taught them to their own community is always an awesome activity. Your directions were good. You used a time limit. The students had an opportunity to write and design a poster. The presentations at the end went well. To make it a little better I would encourage the students to use their own words on the posters and not rely on the template you gave them. This might take a few of these activities to get there but these students can do that with a little practice.
Wrap up
So glad to see that you did this. It wasn’t perfect but that will come with experience. When the students leave remember to reflect on your wrap up so that each day it’s a little better.

blue-m

จำนวนข้อความ : 35

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน