Webboard for 5th Year EN Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walailak017

Go down

Walailak017  Empty Walailak017

ตั้งหัวข้อ by blue-m Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Overall grade ---- B+

Your overall teaching is actually very good. That is a real strength with you. Good job!

The biggest problems I saw were actually mostly associated with your PPT slides.
1. from vocabulary "Kicked Percy out of the cast." is not a complete sentence
2. from directions "pairs up" poor grammar
3. from directions "Reckon the time...." Did you mean record? I reckon you don't know how to use the word reckon. reckon = guess It is actually a slang word from the deep south of the USA.

be very careful with your PPT slides. Make sure the English is perfect on them.

Class Management - would be nice to see you move around the room more and use student names.

Your activities were good and done very well however,.......

The pairs reading is always a good idea and should be done often in the class. It was good to have the students write down if they noticed any mistakes that their partner made. If you use this idea in the future it would be good to have the students record their reading and then compare it to a recording to find the mistakes. Comparing to a recording would give almost instant feedback and would be more powerful for the students to learn from their mistakes. It was also good to see you discuss the mistakes as a class as well so everyone could learn from each others mistakes.

The BINGO activity is always fun for students. For the age of those students you could have made that activity so much better. You were employing reading and your instruction on finding the mail idea. What I would suggest though is to introduce new readings for the activity. When you use questions from information that you previously discussed it become less of a reading activity and more of a straight recall activity.

The last activity was actually very good and done well but really had nothing to do with your assignment topic of reading. The activity was a good upper level Blooms activity that checked on the grammar structure you taught. In the future I hope you do this activity often.

Some good teaching and it will be awesome teaching using these strategies more effectively.

blue-m

จำนวนข้อความ : 35

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน