Webboard for 5th Year EN Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jitsopin 003

Go down

Jitsopin 003 Empty Jitsopin 003

ตั้งหัวข้อ by blue-m Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

Overall grade ------ A-

I was a little tempted to give you a B+ but the good parts really outweighed the few areas that could use improvement.

Overall your teaching is very good. I didn't see any discipline issues but I really encourage to walk around the room a little more when you do your presentation.

For the vocabulary it would be very beneficial for the students to write the words and definitions into a notebook. Their retention will be much better.

For the grammar presentation it is never a bad thing thing to have the students do a little teaching to their classmates. I hope this is a strategy that you use often when you have your own classroom in the future. Its a good skill for students to develop and it really increases retention. I hope that the group of students who were not preparing to teach had some sort of review activity in the meantime.

For the conversation part I felt that you should have consolidated your teaching a little and given the students more opportunity to practice examples interspersed with your instruction.

The two activities were good and involved speaking but I felt in a weak manner. After seeing your students "teach" during the grammar presentation I also felt that the two activities were well below their ability level and could probably be used as listening comprehension activities with a few minor changes.

Role playing --- At first I was disappointed but then at the end I was actually very pleased with this activity. At first I was going to comment about letting the students synthesize more of the script however after seeing you give the feedback you were giving I decided this was a very good activity for developing speaking skills. The only thing I would have changed was giving the students a little more information at the beginning about the feed back you were going to give. That would have really set the stage for an awesome activity utilizing speaking. A minor note, when giving the feedback tie it back to your original lesson, for example using the intonation that you talked about.

You are doing great as a teacher. I encourage you to reflect on the ability of your students a little more and encourage them to achieve more like your having them teach grammar examples.

blue-m

จำนวนข้อความ : 35

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน